I generally replace my computer systems every four or five years and my existing 4 year old Dell 7710 is starting to show it age – it is having some issues as I outlined in my previous post.
It is still a very capable system with 64Gb RAM, UHD 3840 x 2160 screen, a 1 TB SSD, a 1Tb spinner and a Quadro M5000M – but it is not quite up to comfortably running a VR system.
So , I am currently waiting for a new Dell 7750:
- Intel Xeon W-10885M (8 core)
- 17.3-inch, UHD, 3840 x 2160 screen
- 128GB, 4X32GB, DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC Memory
- 1TB PCIe NVMe Class 50 Solid State Drive
- Additional 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Class 40
- NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 w/16GB GDDR6
This is the 5th Precision system to be added to my collection- a Dell 7710, a Dell M6800 Covet (red), a Dell M6400 before that, and a Precision M70. They all still work.
The system is used every day for heavy Revit, AutoCAD and Max Design applications.